– E – IMPLANTS SPECIFICITIES AND OCCLUSION
The biomechanics and implant specificities will be first developed. Then the prosthetic occlusal procedures will be described, followed by the appropriate rules, leading the final balancing of implant restorations. The clinical balancing of the occlusal faces will be shown, taking into account the immobility of implants that amplify the occlusal trauma and requires a very acute balancing without any approximation. The impact of mechanical load on the peri-implant bone, related to the applied occlusal concept, will be developed finally, by comparing the results around implants, of similar concept, with different occlusal balancing concept.
The surgical procedures that are well known nowadays, will not be described.
Fig. E1: The referential of measurement is the threads pitch of 0,9mm. The grid is adjusted on the visible pitch, on a digital X-ray. This method allows to correct easily the possible parallax errors.
- Le Gall M.G., Le Gall N. Prothèse immédiate unitaire sur implant Bilan de 4 ans de pratique clinique. Cah. Prothèse 2006; 134:25-40
- Le Gall M. G., Lauret J. F. (†). Ouvrage : 3ème édition augmentée (2002, réédition 2004, 2008, 2011) “La Fonction occlusale : implications cliniques“ Editions CDP.2011 Paris www.editionscdp.fr/
- Le Gall M. G., Lauret J. F. (†). Book : 3rd edition enriched (2002, reprinted 2004, 2008, 2011) “The occlusal function: clinical implications“ (French edition only) Editions CDP.2011 Paris www.editionscdp.fr/
- Le Gall M. G. Physiologic balancing of Occlusion Part one.: How can swallowing occlusion be adjusted ? Rev. Odont. Stomat. Sept. 2013; 42:198-210 (English and French published article)
- Le Gall M. G. Physiologic balancing of Occlusion Part two : How to adjust posterior occlusal faces?. Rev. Odont. Stomat. Nov. 2013; 42: 243-257 (English and French published article)
- Le Gall M.G., Le Gall N. Incidence du Schéma Occlusal sur le Niveau Crestal Peri-Implantaire / Impact of occlusal scheme on peri-implant crestal bone level / J.P.I.O. Février 2016 ; 127 (vol. 35) : 9-22